Healthy Lasagna Criolla
- Aciete de achoite
- 1-Medium spanish onion
- 1/2-Red bell pepper
- 2-3 tbs Smoked turkey (diced)
- 1-Serrano pepper (optional if you like spice)
- Minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 lb Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 can Salsa de tomate
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 cups of Spinach
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper
- 3-4 Zucchinis
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese 4oz.
- Ricotta cheese 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup half in cheese mix and other half to top
- Green onion to garnish
- Create turkey picadillo. Heat up aciete de achiote, glaze onions until translucent. Medium heat. Add pepper, sofrito until pepper also become translucent. Add smoked turkey and brown. Add garlic and shortly after put in ground turkey til it too is brown. When brown add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Add spinach until it integrates into turkey.
- Cheese mix-in seperate bowl put cheeses together. At room temperature they will mix better.
- Zucchini layers. In a pan. Put sliced zucchini in about 3-4 Tbs of olive oil. Medium heat. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes each side
- First layer is zucchini. You can layer with a touch of sauce from picadillo on the bottom to help prevent it from sticking.
- Then add turkey picadillo over zucchini slices evenly. Add cheese gently and evenly creating layers. Repeat adding layers. Add zucchini again, then picadillo, then cheese, then zucchini, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes in oven at 350
- Cool for 20. Garnish with chopped green onion