- ½ stick of butter for caramelized rum sauce
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla abstract
- 1 cup of rum (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ stick of butter for plantains
- 2 ripe, blackened but not soft sweet plantains. (cut and sliced)
- 1 pint of your favorite ice cream
- In saucepan, melt ½ stick of butter over medium heat. Add sugar and mix well until it starts to bubble.
- Add vanilla, rum, cinnamon and stir. (Traditionally for Banana’s Foster, this step is where you can create a flambe, where food is briefly set afire using liquor).
- In separate frying pan, melt butter over medium flame. Brown plantains 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Gently put plantain in saucepan and cover in sauce.
- Serve plantain and sauce over ice cream. Garnish with ground cinnamon.