Tembleque de Calabaza
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of white sugar
- Half can of coconut cream
- Lemon zest
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pieces of cut pumpkin(cut 4-5 inches)
- 4 oz. corn starch
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Add first 7 ingredients and bring to boil in medium-sized pot.
- In separate pot, boil peeled pieces of pumpkin until they are soft and mash.
- Add mashed pumpkin to pot with 7 ingredients.
- In a separate cup add ⅓ cup of lukewarm water to cornstarch and mix.
- When pot is boiling with 7 ingredients and pumpkin, remove cinnamon stick and pour in corn starch. Mix until tembleque gets thick and sticky. Add small amounts of cornstarch until you have sticky texture.
- Cook all ingredients for about 3 minutes and put in moldings.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
- Toast shredded coconut in small pan. (Do not leave long because it will burn.) When browned, garnish tembleque.
- Refrigerate for about 6 hours, and enjoy.