- olive oil or preferred oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stem, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heaping spoons of sofrito or green seasoning
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- dry seasonings (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric)
- 1 medium-large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini
- ½ can tomato sauce
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 2 cups water
- fresh thyme or cilantro
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, minced (I used Jamaican pepper)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or other heavy-bottom pot.
- Add chopped onion, peppers, carrot, celery, garlic, green seasoning and allow to soften. Push soft vegetables aside and add ground turkey to the hot pot. Mount vegetables on top of ground turkey and allow turkey to brown.
- Add dry seasonings to the vegetables and browned turkey mixture.
- Add potato and zucchini then add tomato sauce, wine and water. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover potatoes.
- Add chopped tomato, minced hot pepper and thyme, cilantro or aromatic of choice.
- Add peas and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Enjoy with white rice and or plantains.