Vegetarian Curry Garbanzo and Yautía (Tannier)
- Olive oil
- Small onion
- 1/4 Red bell pepper
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- Half hot pepper (optional)
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 medium skinned tanniers (yautias)
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbs sofrito
- 1 Roma or plum tomato
- 1 cup of water or vegetable stock
- In a hot pan with oil, add chopped onion, minced garlic, and peppers. Sauté until soft. (Use pan with lid.)
- Add curry and mix. Allow curry to toast for 3-5 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed garbanzos and skinned yautía. (Smaller pieces of yautía will cook faster). Mix so ingredients are well integrated.
- Add sofrito and chopped tomato.
- Add water or vegetable stock and cover with lid for 20-25 minutes or until yautía is softened.
- Garnish with cilantro or recao. Enjoy!